PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Master Group / Layers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ThemeShaper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Master Group / Layers Reply with quote

Hi,
Weird question, is it possible to somehow have a group of layers, that act as a 'master copy' for another group of layers?

I have a psd that has a group of adjustment layers (10 of em). I need to apply these adjustment layers to several other layers throughout the psd.

What I don't want to do is duplicate this group, and individually move the each duplicate group above their target layers, because if at some point i need to modify the adjustment layers, I must do so to every duplicate I made ;)

So I need a way to 'mirror' this master group somehow to make copies, and then by changing this group, it will change all the duplicates.

Note, I cannot change the structure to better suit this, and the adjustment layers are going to be used in conjunction with layer comps for a mass export later, so these cannot be changed either ;)

Is anything like this possible? (I assume it isn't but thought I had better check before I go about this the long way ;))

Thanks in advance

ThemeShaper

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sound like your in trouble.

One way of getting around it could be to go through your psd, starting with the lowest layer in your file you need to be adjusted.
Ctrl clicking the layer thumbnails, after the first layer you need to hold ctrl + shift if you want the layer included, ctrl + alt if you want the layer left alone.
This will slowly give you a selection map of the pixels to be affected, which can be applied to a adjustment layer mask on top of the entire image.
Important to both add and subtract each layer if parts of the layers are overlapping.

Also groups with pass through vs normal blending mode could be of help to you.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: