PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New but may have something of interest to somebody...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ivan55

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: New but may have something of interest to somebody... Reply with quote

I am very new to PS but was fooling around with a few simple tools other day and found a nice way to display text or shape maybe. My guess is that somebody has already done this but who knows. If so I apologize now.
For now I will just show a final picture of what I am talking about.

I first did it with 4 lines then moved on to text.

I did not simply stamp text on top of a design. The design depended on the text to start with. That is why the letters always fit perfect every time.
I was unsure if I should try to post all the steps and pictures of stages so I only showed these and if anybody wants the details then email me at leroy1955@gmail.com
I am still experimenting and it really varies to letter spacing or size but once done a couple times you find out it is really simple. Ok, I am off to try other variations to this. BTW- Nice forum from what I have seen my first night on it.

[/img]

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, Ivan55. :) Welcome aboard.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ivan55 and welcome to the forum, I'm sure people would appreciate a fuller explanation of your technique, perhaps you could post a write up in the tutorial section?

Ivan55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and yes , after posting these images I saw where to put a tut of sorts. I will work on that.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. :) I appreciate it and look forward to it.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: