PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Back from the dead....sort of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

YourOnlySin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Back from the dead....sort of. Reply with quote

I didn't mean to disappear, its been a long couple of weeks. A recent death in the family has consumed a lot of my time as of late, but everything is settling down again. On top of that, I upgraded to a new, speedier laptop and have my share of issues getting things to run properly. I usually have three different hard drives that I use in the same laptop...one for work with a lot of corporate security stuff on it, another with less security but still for work and one for my personal use. The new laptop came stock with Windows 7 on it and the Bios has hard drive settings for Win7 that was preventing me from being able to swap in my WinXP drives. Before I got it to work properly, I managed to thoroughly hose it up to where I couldn't get the machine to boot at all for a few days. Everything is good now and I'm enjoying the extra power and memory....Photoshop likes it too! Glad to be back!

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your difficult time recently, good to see you back though and with a spanking new computer to boot!

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss, YourOnlySin. Frown

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

YourOnlySin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the condolences.

Whew! It has been a long time though! Since I started on this site my work has grown immensely! My major client is deploying his website live in three different states this month and the work has been coming in in droves! I've been creating ad after ad for the new site and my hobby is finally paying for itself. When I first started doing freelance work I upgraded from Photoshop 6 to Photoshop CS5 because I felt it was time to make a change. In the last couple of months I've been requiring more and more tools to do the job so I, again, upgraded to the entire CS5 Master Collection. Now, I'm finding myself learning all over again with the addition of Illustrator and every other piece of Adobe software in addition to paying for plugins like Genuine Fractals, Lightroom 3.3, etc. I even bought Portrait Professional to see if the hype was worth it. After all of this I'm still married, so I must be doing something right, lol. I don't have any money in my pocket, but I do have a single client that has bought me $3000 worth of software thus far. Hopefully a vacation is next!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: