PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
8-bit vs 32-bit & gradients
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

George707

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: 8-bit vs 32-bit & gradients Reply with quote

I'm new to PS and was opening a new document and in the options box I got stuck:

Resolution : 240 Pixels/Inch (do I leave it at this setting?)

Color Mode: 8-Bit (it also has 16-bit and 32-bit)

I was reading that 24-bit is the best but I don't have that as an option. I also was reading that depending on your graphics card gradients won't come out smoothly but instead show faint lines.

I have a PC and thought it was strong enough to handle CS4 but if I'm missing the 24-bit option does that hurt any professional output?

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sweat it, 16bit gradients should be just fine. If you do find banding in your images, add a little noise to break it up. Not aware of a 24bit option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: