PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
photo resolution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

hlm1796

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: photo resolution Reply with quote

Hi I'm trying to increase the resolution of a photograph in PS but I'm not having any luck. I increase the dpi but it really doesn't do anything for the image; I get the same outcome (resolution-wise) by using MSWord to increase the dimensions of the photo.

Any thoughts on a better tactic than dpi?

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, read this

hlm1796

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still losing resolution when I zoom in. I really only need a portion of the photograph, and the photograph isn't very large to start with. No matter how I play with the resolution, whether or not I resample or upsample, I still get a blurry image when I zoom in on the portion I need.

Any suggestions?

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't invent pixels that aren't there. As a last resort you can download a demo of Genuine Fractals Don't expect too much though.

singhh4721

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: The resolution of image can't increase. Reply with quote

The resolution of image can't increase.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
first it always helps to attach a image and then give a explanation of what your trying to accompllish ... some background info this project..

and we know nothing of this image not even the pixal deminsion!!! which is important...

now as far as the ppi/dpi ... keep in mind that all that is , is a indications of how close the pixals are!!! it doesn't sharpen, doesn't improve quality....

when you scan photos also you want to scan at a high dpi/ppi .. and reason for that is capture as much data as possible.. generally scan at least 300 and if it a poor image you may need to go 600 or higher...
note: generally it best to turn off the automatic scanner software adjusmtne and manually adjust..

pixal deminsions is what important.... the more pixals you have in a image the mosre things you can do.......

if your image is of too low of pixal demsions then you start to think about enlarging..... there different techniques.. problem with all of thes techniques to enlarge.. is that your adding pixels ... some alogrythms better than others... besides the alogrytms in photoshop, the 10% technique is popular.. yu increase demension by 10% and repeat untill you reach a size your comfortable with ...

many time after enlarging then you can use your other various sharpening techniques to sharpten the impage and other tools to improve the image..

now you mention bluring.. and there different kinds... photoshop does ok with minor bluring but if heavy generally othere dedicated software.... i have been looking focus magic... which does a fair job with normal bluring and good job with motion blur... but bottom line if your issue is because of bluring that going to be very difficult to clean up

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he 10% technique is popular.. yu increase demension by 10% and repeat untill you reach a size your comfortable with

A Photoshop fishwives myth about incorrect knowledge on interpolation.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi the hermit
well i don't agree with that... i used it in the past and it does work but not on all pictures.... you still end up using different techniques depending on the image... right now what seems popular is the freq seperation technique. ..

right now i am looking at focus magic it looks good.... i probably would have bought it except it only for 32 bit ps at the moment...

adobe is working a new anti bluring too. and from the demo's it looks out standing... it looks better than anything that topaz or focus magix can do... although focus magic does agreat job which ps cs5 is poor in comparison...

now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: