PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
photoshop elements 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

grenache

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: photoshop elements 10 Reply with quote

Hi all, I downloaded the trial version and have been trying to do just basic things for 3 days (change eye color, etc.) without any luck at all. I am spending most of my time to searching for the videos or thru tutorials to learn the basics and I feel like I am just wasting my time becuase there is nothing step by step from the beginning which looks like what I am working with. If I can't get something to learn basics from in a logical order, I think I better look elsewhere to a photo program.

Thanks for any help in guiding me to a user friendly step by step tutorial.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the library (it's free). A book on any version of Elements or Photoshop will teach you the basics.

grenache

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have been going thru the on line basic tutorials for a few days and it seems that everything each version I am looking at and trying to repeat does not have the same elements to use (or I can not find them) as the elements 10. It would be better if I can look and learn from the same model that I am using. I had one of the very first photoshop versions years ago and knew it well enough to meet my needs. So, I don't think just getting any photoshop book will be much help for me, it will leave me just where I presently am with the many on line tutorials. But thanks for your post.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,,

this link here is sort of a pre getting started...

http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-Elements-tutorials/Up-and-Running-with-10/88539-2.html

you might want to look at this site it covers the basics of element 10 ...
also at the site there alink that
http://www.adobe.com/support/photoshopelements/gettingstarted/index.html

now here there a bunch of tutorials for pse 9 and 10 ....
at the category title just click it and it take you to another windows where you can view the tutorials...
http://prodesigntools.com/four-hours-free-video-tutorials-new-photoshop-elements-9-pse9.html

hopefully these will get you started right you can start enjoying....

note: generally there not that much difference in versions... what you can do in 9 should be about the same with 10 ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: