PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
360 degree viewable product image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

a1joyful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: 360 degree viewable product image Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just started to research on this 360 degree interactive image thing that I have seen from a few retailers online. I wanted to incorporate such technology as well.

From what I understand, you basically use an camera and shoot an object from, say 45 consecutive equally divided intervals. Of course the more you shoot, the smoother the turnable image will become. You then stitch all images together by using specialized software to make them into flash animation.

But here is a very important questions, how in the world can I use photoshop to batch process, crop, and touch up on so many images?

Are there specialized software out there that can do so?

360 degree viewable image is a revolutionary technology that is becoming very hot right now...

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i just delete several bookmarks a few days ago...grrrr..... on this subject...
a few points...
1. when taking picture make sure you use a tripod... nice and steady....
2. have the pictures overlap when taking... get better stitching....
3. as far as photoshop file>edit>photomerge you use that for making panaramas!!!! but it static...
note: take a few shots with your camera and use photomerge... you get expereience and also a sense of what works best on how buch overlapping required and the number images need...

4. there a lot of 360 navagable panarama software out there.... so be carefull on what you choose...for example.. some really all they do is make static panarama.. well ps do that, so make sure navgable... also how much elevation you need.. some are limite to let 115 degrees where others are more speericle..

5. these 360 programs are used a lot in realistate ...

6. some programs will contain both thefeature to make a navagable 360 and also the stiching part.... others there two seperate programs offered by the same company...

here a couple of search results i have used in the past...
http://www.bing.com/search?q=360+panorama+software&FORM=DLCBSS&PC=MDDC&MKT=en-us

http://www.bing.com/search?q=360+panorama+navagable+software&qs=n&sk=&form=QBRE

price range on this stuff varies a lot..... well hope that helps you out

a1joyful

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello jerryb4417,

Thanks for the info... but still the main problem is that I have to knockout the individual image background first.

We use white cloth as backdrop when shooting to ease the knockout process later, but still magic eraser has limitations when the object and the white backdrop do not show strong contrast enough.

Our product images are all displayed against white color background. And it usually takes about 3~5 min to do the background knockout per image.

Imagine we have 40 of those and they all need to be cleaned. Is there an easy way to batch clear background by using photoshop??

thanks

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
oh you didn't mention anything about this issue of removing the background.... okkk

now it would help if you post a sample image that your having a problem with... there are several techniques to remove a background.. and which one best many times depends on the image itself...

as far as what color of the background i generally go with a different color other than white unless there a real good contrast....

now once we come up with a good technique that will work for your images, then you can look at creating action and using batch command run that action on each image automatically and have it save under a different file name... keep your orginal photos untouched... just in case..

now you only mentioned you use the eraser but didn't give you the results you hope for ........ there other ways butit would be helpfull to see a sample ....

in the meantime i''l try to put together a few tutorials i have picked and see if that works for you..

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i put to gether a few links.... shows different ways of removing the white background..

there also a plugin avail.... which may work for you or one of the tuttoria create your own action..

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Removing-background/65390
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/l/blrbps_2fwks.htm
http://www.photoshopbuzz.com/10/removing-background-photoshop/

apparentlythis has avail actions...
http://mediamilitia.com/removing-a-white-background-with-photoshop-actions/

this is using a plug in
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/white-background-removal-with-kill-white-photoshop-plugin/

a1joyful

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jerryb4417,

really appreciate for your information.

removing the background is not the issue, but the real issue is how we can batch remove, say... 40 + pictures all together.

Please see attached gif picture that I put together to demonstrate.

Essentially, what I'm hoping to achieve is to create 360 degree viewable product images. (Please note, the finalized 360 degree product image will be in flash interactive platform, like the ones that you see people using mouse to drag the image and make it rotate left or right at will. And attached gif is just demo purpose...)

The gif picture demo attached is a handset made of around 13 image shots before removing the background. As you can see it wouldn't look appealing until we remove the background to make it look more professional.

Now imagine we have to shoot around 40+ images to make the rotation look more smooth and we have to remove all backgrounds.

So the real challenge we are facing is to figure out if there is a way to auto command photoshop to batch remove the background on some 40+ images, instead of doing one image at a time.... because it will take forever... Frown

Therefore, how can I clean background on all 40+ images in...say a few minutes?

PS. attached demo images don't seem to be viewable unless you login?

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
what you need to do is first create a action..... and in this case the steps you go thru removing the background...

now once you have the action you can then run a automatic
batch that incorporate the action.....

this is a little video tutorial on the process....... explains the basic on creating a action and then running a batch file incoporating the action on each image...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmAJaWELViA

a1joyful

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! That is it! That is what I'm hoping to find out.

batch process will save me tremendous amount of time.

Thank you so much!

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
your welcome....

sort of got sidetrack when you were talking about those 360 panorama program... lol...

anyway.... goodluck on your project and merry christmas

bling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this sound really great. thank you for the information!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: