PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Murphy's Laws
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Netaddict

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Murphy's Laws Reply with quote

why do the English and the Americans quote "Murphy's law" ? I ask because this Murphy character was a mechanic and all his 'laws' are pessimistic sarcasms? I just read this from "Murphy's love law" "Brains x Beauty x Availability = Constant. This constant is always zero." He even has computer and photography laws, "If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization" is from his Technology law. For one person to spew out so many laws in so many fields that person has to be an ignoramus.

renata

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my previous life as a software developer I spent half my life trying to save civilisation from woodpeckers by fixing small problems in spaghetti code written by guys who had never heard of Murphy.

I think Murphy is a genius but I hate him because it makes me a do-good plodder who gets to fix the holes in the ranch fence while the cowboy spaghetti coder gets to gallop out into the wilderness and round up more wild horses. Then if I don't fix the holes in the fence and all the wild horses get out and trample the cabbages he makes a case to get a brand new horse and comes back a HERO for retrieving the horses when Murphy would have predicted all along that the fence was weak. So I get to gather squashed cabbages and he gets a brand new horse.

Ah, those were the days. Oh, and who do you think gets to lead the project for designing the new corral?...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: