PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

EXOdreamcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Need your thoughts on a touch screen Photoshop tool! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to extend an invitation to give your input on the upcoming EXOPC Photoshop Controller.
It is a touch screen based controller for Photoshop, and uses the touch screen desk technology, EXOdesk.
The tools are still in development, and we're looking for the Photoshop community to provide feedback and ideas on the design and features.

If you'd be so kind, please visit our research and development blog's Photoshop section, and let us know what you think about the idea.

http://exopclab.blogspot.com/2012/01/adobe-photoshop-controller-for-exodesk.html

Thanks!
Dreamcat
EXOPC Community Manager
www.EXOcommunity.com

[/img]

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
My opinion is really incomplete, because when I went to the webpage... there was only one video and it really didn't show off what it can do... still shots not sufficient. Also It would have been very nice to actually see photoshop run on this system and see what directions the programers/developers are going and see how they envision photoshop .... and desk utilized , since the interaction between hardware, software and the applications are extremely important... i don't really see that on the website or in that very simple and incomplete videoclip . It sort of like a picture of a person in a carseat, it doesn't tell you much but showing video of how a person getting and out tells you a lot....

now I have seen similar systems although probably different than yours... now burt monrow over at pixel magic it appears he uses a touch screen type setup for his teaching tutorials ... although he generally use a pen instead of fingers.

and that leads me into another area how sensitve and accurate would the fingers be. because in retouching and manipulation those are very important... I keep thinking if I was using the brush tool... how accurate would it be or what would I have to do to achieve that...

now i can see this used in many ways....
1. in the classroom however I think being able to connect a large wall screen to the desk would be very important...

2. presentations... definitely can be used in that envrionment... especially one can carry around a OLED lightweight and compact screen..!

3. should be able to record both voice and digital... think be great for creating and editing graphics, animations, tutorials, cad programs, movies even ...

howeveer... it would have helped if there was some video of real world applications including graphic programs like photoshop !! for us to look at and think about..

EXOdreamcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerryb4417 wrote:
hi,
My opinion is really incomplete, because when I went to the webpage... there was only one video and it really didn't show off what it can do... still shots not sufficient. Also It would have been very nice to actually see photoshop run on this system and see what directions the programers/developers are going and see how they envision photoshop .... and desk utilized , since the interaction between hardware, software and the applications are extremely important... i don't really see that on the website or in that very simple and incomplete videoclip . It sort of like a picture of a person in a carseat, it doesn't tell you much but showing video of how a person getting and out tells you a lot....

now I have seen similar systems although probably different than yours... now burt monrow over at pixel magic it appears he uses a touch screen type setup for his teaching tutorials ... although he generally use a pen instead of fingers.

and that leads me into another area how sensitve and accurate would the fingers be. because in retouching and manipulation those are very important... I keep thinking if I was using the brush tool... how accurate would it be or what would I have to do to achieve that...

Thanks for the feedback!

The tool is in the very early stages, so I apologize for the lack of content so far. We'll be posting updates with more images and video as we progress in the development.
To answer your questions about the sensitivity of using fingers, you can also use a stylus, and most touch screens have at least 256 levels of pressure sensitivity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: