PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
IS THIS POSSIBLE? : Using Photoshop Files like FRAMES???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

camarosource

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: IS THIS POSSIBLE? : Using Photoshop Files like FRAMES??? Reply with quote

I am creating a website in psd for final proof. I created split the file so there are basically 5 layers

[HEADER]
[LEFT]
[RIGHT]
[CONTENT]
[FOOTER]

And of course a LOT of sub layers inside each to create a page of the website.

Let's say I am working on PAGE 1 and have done perhaps 20 pages (seperate psd files with all the same information except the content layer is changed) and decide later on that I want to edit the HEADER layout. Now I have 20 psd files that I would have to edit all 20 to match the edit I did to the HEADER in the other psd file.

I basically am looking for a way to import seperate psd into 1 psd file

IE.

HEADER.PSD
LEFT.PSD
FOOTER.PSD
RIGHT.PSD
FOOTER.SD

And then a PAGE 1.PSD which is simply a SHELL for page 1 of the website at the other files are IMPORTED similarily like FRAMES in html.

NOW.. I at first immediately thought SMART OBJECTS.. ah. but it doesn't appear to work in exactly how I need it.

With SMART OBJECTS. While I can have 1 page and PLACE the 4 psd files inside (header, footer, left, right) to create the layout, the SMART LAYERS are INDIVIDUAL

In otherwords, if I had PAGE1.PSD, PAGE2.PSD, PAGE3PSD all using the same PLACE feature to import the 4 layout regions, if I wanted to edit the header region I CANNOT simply edit HEADER.PSD and all the changes would be changed in all the PAGE1.PSD, PAGE2.PSD etc because it seems to save HEADER.PSD seperately INSIDE PAGE1.psd. Edit HEADER.PSD and nothing changes inside the PAGE1.PSD..

Basically when you double click a PLACED layer (ie. HEADER), save the edits, it only changes the HEADER SMART OBJECT INSIDE the PAGE1.PSD and NOT actually HEADER.PSD

Anyone able to HELP??

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
haven't tried this my self but this looks like should work ... also suggest once in the file create groups should help keep track of things

http://www.sosfactory.com/blog/how-to/how-to-combine-two-psd-files-in-photoshop/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: