PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do i make a good fiery background?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jolly_Jumper

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: How do i make a good fiery background? Reply with quote

Hi, i'm working on this project for a game trying to make an epic loading screen^^ but i need some help

The idea was to make a big phoenix rise in the midle of the screen and the background being like a burning inferno
I rly would love to be able to perfectly implement some large text into the fire aswell, but have absolutely no idea how to make that work^^
I've managed to find a good phoenix i could use, and removed background and stuff i didn't want with it, also did some touch up work.
I've also found an image of some fire i could use, but idk if it would be the best alternative, or if i could make fire with Photoshop CS5, which probably would be best if i want to implement text in it

Anyone got some tips on how i could make this as goodlooking as possible, plz reply;)

I'm pretty new to photoshop so plz try to make ur answers easy to understand hehe^^

Here are my resources so far, as u can see i'm in the startphase, but i have to start on the background now, and i have no idea where to start or how to make it look good

This is just the idea of what i'm making hehe

The Phoenix, i might have to do some more work on it to make it fit the flames, but idk what flames i'm gonna be using yet

Some of the flames i might be using:P

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
trying to 2nd guess what one may want is always difficult...

I'd be tempted to to put the phonex on a nice flamy orangy background and maybe blend...

now did alittle search and here a a site that has tutorial ideas on maybe enocrporating the bird and flames and text... take a look at it and see if any of those come close to what you want to do...
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/25-stunning-photoshop-fire-explosion-tutorials/

Jolly_Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the tutorial i think can help me implement the text with the flames ;) will try to use it for the background aswell, but i feel there must be a better, faster and easier way of making that though hehe u sure u can't think of anything? :P

http://bwebi.com/water-spirit-drawing-fire.html

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
there is a lot of tutorials on flames, fire, explosions, etc.. and it a matter finding one that fits your needs and the way you want to do something...

now this one is fairly easy and basic... to create some flames from it you may want to use the liquidfy tool ...
http://www.photoshopforce.com/tutorials/fire-effect/index.php

here another
http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/photo-manipulation/create-an-explosive-flaming-poker-card-in-photoshop.html

and like i said you can always just find a nice fire/flame picture you like and use it ...

now for text... again a lot of tutorials on different fire/flame text effects... now this one is intriquing... there a part 3 on just making a flame!!
http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/text-effects-tutorials/dramatic-text-on-fire-effect-in-photoshop/

Jolly_Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allriight nice ;) ty so much for help :)
I think i'll be using this one to make the background ;)
And regarding the flaming text, i need it implemented in the flames and not flames implemented in the text if u get what i mean hehe :P

Anyways i think this is what i'll be using for the background
http://www.photoshopforce.com/tutorials/fire-effect/index.php

Thx again for ur help :)

Jolly_Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay i've tried so many different stuff now hehe^^
I think the fire effect tutorial with the liquify tool gives a cool background, but i need some more realistic looking flames in the foreground and i need those flames to blend with both the phoenix and the background^^

The question is how do i make that happen? :P

I've tried playing a little bit with opacity and the smudge tool, even tried to use different brush techniques, not sure if i tried the right ones though there seem to be many possibilities, but i can't make it look any good(AT ALL!^^)

So u got any tips on how to blend these images with eachothers? They are all mostly red and yellow, but of different variances....idk, but sounds like smth photoshop should be able to blend with some kind of filter actually;P

Btw, this is just me playing around, it's not how the background is actually going to look like^^ Gonna do a better job, when i know how to blend, and what i will be using, only thing i'm close to finnished with here is the phoenix itself i think :P the flames in the foreground is also only an experiment, idk if it would look better with the original ones where i didn't liquify

If u need the .psd file tell me and i'll upload it to mediafire ;)

Jolly_Jumper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone able to help me?=( i rly need some help with this hehe^^

I'm almost certain there is some kind of settings or smth in photoshop that will make these colours blend more/be more similar to eachother^^

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i haven't been able to sit at the computer too long , an operation,

but i don't think that liquidfy tool working out that well...

don'[t know what the orginal flames looks like...

i have one that i think would look better....

and instead of adding the additional flame layer...

all i did was use a flame image i liked...
brought the bird in and added a white mask
and then i painted (soft edge, a slightly lower brush opacity) black to make it look like it in the flame

now besides blending.... you can also use your gradient map...
that give you a lot of interesting results.... either use your the presets ps has or make you own ...

flame3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.21 KB
 Viewed:  2523 Time(s)

flame3.jpg

Jolly_Jumper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm yeah maybe i can go at it like that instead ;) but i imagine it will be hard to implement any text with that fire
And with that kind of fire i feel i need something in the backround of the flames again^^

But i agree it looks a hell of alot better with real flames then with clouds made flamelike^^
Too bad the phoenix is drawn and not manipulated from a real eagle or something, i think it looks a little too fake with such realistic flames, i'll give it a try though ;)

This sways pretty far away from my original question, which was: Is there any settings or some kind of tool i could use to blend those different variations of red and yellow? :)

Still don't wanna give up on the original one hehe;P Anyways thx for ur help, hope u recover well from the operation :)

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not mould the phoenix out of the flames? Get a load of flame source images and then manipulate them into the shape of the phoenix. You may have seen this using smoke, but it could be converted to suit this project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: