PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New 140 Character Post Restriction
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: New 140 Character Post Restriction Reply with quote

Update: This was an April Fools' Day joke.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting PhotoshopForums.com.

From the rapid growth of Twitter, it is clear that communication is changing. People no longer want to discuss things in detail and no longer have the patience or time to type more than 140 characters for each thought, problem or comment that they have.

In order to stay current with this trend in communication, PhotoshopForums.com needs to change, as well. Beginning on May 1, we will be limiting all posts and contributions to 140 characters. This should result quicker, more to the point posts and replies. You'll have to think carefully about the most important points that you have to make and try to cut them down to this new 140 character limit.

To aide in this, links will automatically be shortened to count for as few characters as possible. Links to images on outside services will count similarly, but images attached through the file attachment feature on PhotoshopForums.com will not count and will continue to appear beneath your text message. We will also be installing a character count on the quick reply and full post/reply boxes so that you know just how many characters that you have left.

If you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to let me know in this thread or privately.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion: Character counter could be convenient if possible.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great suggestion, Steve. I also appreciate you practicing for the limit before it is in place. As I mentioned in the announcement, we'll definitely have a character counter when the feature goes live.

Thanks again,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps making people use a hashtag could also be considered :) Anything to prevent Auieos' incessant rambles ;) - oops broke the character count!

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh I skimmed over it and completely missed the part about the counter.
I try my best to keep under even tho MrHermit loves my long posts :)

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperlinks can easily take up over half of the character count.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Steve. :) That's why hyperlinks will be automatically shortened, as mentioned in the announcement! Haha. :)

Hashtags are welcome, as well!

Patrick

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: