PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
movie posters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

nullandvoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: movie posters Reply with quote

Hi all,

First post here on what seems like a great lil' forum. I'm fairly new to the world of photoshop, been working alot on tutorials and some advice from friends in the design industry. I've now started putting some techniques I've learned into practice and having a bit of fun as I do.

I've started out by reworking some movie posters. The first is from the film 'The Wrestler'. Love the film, but thought it needed a tiger?

Feedback greatly appreciated - any tips on creating seamless merging of skin and fur would b good?

Many thanks,

Daz

the_wrestler03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.15 KB
 Viewed:  1361 Time(s)

the_wrestler03.jpg

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
itried tofind the orginal but couldn't anyway

first not bad at all good...

but one thing that i noticed was the claw... if you notice on his right rist.. you have that cloth very obvious but on the left wrist it appears the the fur/skin is on top of the cloth... .. think it would be better if the cloth overlapping the fur ...

now your slection of the claw appears good but there a certain amount texture tha missing for example look at the background, the skin, the ropes, etc... look closely you get the perception there a little noise there... but the claw appears to have none....

esprintguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good start but you still need to work on making the picture smoother and less obviously edited. The paw, for one thing, looks a bit mangled and the tiger's face needs just a bit of a tweak in order to put it in the right position.

Ammon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure you still care or even still alive in this forum
but here goes anyway I would:
-make the tiger's face little bigger
-flip the tiger's face horizontal
-erase the hair next to his mouth
-use shadow next his mouth on the hair (so the face will come out more)
-brighten the mouth area with dodge tool (highlights)
-brighten the pupils using mask tool (soft light)

so far not bad at all for a beginner

Tip: for me the best way to merge skin is by using erasing the edges with eraser tool with the opacity around 60%
and then change the opacity lower and with smaller eraser and zigzag on the 'erased edges' again..

gohan2091

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work but it needs some serious noise reduction :)

iloveprint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take note of color. Make sure that the tiger fur and the human skin blend smoothly so that there is a good transition between them. Sure, color blind people might not be able to tell the difference, but most people will.

costisefu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to say that it looks pro for a begginer, but I think nnow that the poster is someone elses and you only replaced the guy's face. That is the only thing that looks like the work of a begginer.

Most striking is that it doesn't have the same type of granulation like the poster. Maybe you can add some grain from filters-texture, or a halftone pattern in filters-sketch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: