PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can you resize the background of an project in CS5?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jaydrones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Can you resize the background of an project in CS5? Reply with quote

I have a bunch of navigation menu buttons that I have created on a 600 wide x480 high background. The buttons are probably 150 wide x 50 high. I'm *DESPERATELY* trying to figure out how to either.

a) get rid of the background all together, which means the file size would be 150x50 and not 600x480 with an invisible background.

b) resize the background so that the buttons are on a much smaller background, like 160x60 or something. But not actually changing the size of the buttons

I'm sure the answer to this question is comically obviously but I just simply do not have the knowledge of photoshop to do this and I'm tired of raaaaaaagggggging! Please help!

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
well sounds like using a action in a batch processing is your answer....

have the action record your steps and save and then call up batch and run the action...

you can setup your actions do even include save under new name ...

i would suggest after you set everything do it on a dup set of buttons... just incase goes wrong that way you haven't lost anything

here a tutorial on actions and using in batch processing
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/ss/basicaction.htm

also you can just do a search on action tutorials and you'll find many others

also there some premade actions that are free and maybe usable for you...

renata

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you're asking how to do this for lots of buttons, in which case jerryb4417 has great suggestions or whether you're actually asking how to do it.

In case it's the latter, can I assume that you've created all the buttons in one layer and now you want to get them out? If so, try setting the rectangular marquee to 'fixed size' and type in 150 wide, 50 high. Then select each button one by one on the main layer. Control-j each time to make a copy of this button on its own layer. You can then export each layer to a file under the file>scripts menu.

Hope we've helped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: