PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image Text Resolution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Chemsicles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Image Text Resolution Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I must admit that i'm a noob when it comes to photoshop, but needless to say i took on what i thought would be a small project that has transformed into a beast for me to deal with! I was asked to merge three separate images together and to make sure the text included would be readable even when shrunk down. I've been successful in merging the three images but every attempt i make to ensure the text can be read when reduced has been in vain. I've tried changing all sorts of resolution and image sizes, as well as making sure the text is "sharp" and saving the file as .PNG but nothing seems to work. I've attached one of the image for a reference, any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Frank1263

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post 1 in the original size so we can see what it looks like?

Chemsicles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the original, i had to decrease the resolution so it wouldn't exceed the file size limit.

Chemsicles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for being pushy but does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish high text resolution with small image size (approx 7inch X 3inch)?? I'm in pinch to get this done and i'm getting desperate! Any suggestions are welcomed!

cheers

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it for print? You might already know all this but...
Printed text can be read easier than on a computer monitor.
Average monitor resolution is 72ppi and print resolution is average 300ppi. (ppi = pixels per inch)
An example of ppi difference, the new iPad with the retina display is 264 ppi, the old iPad2 was 132. Have a look at the pic below to see how the difference between the two ppi's effects how it looks to the eye.
So if your printing it out you will have to look at proofs to check out weather or not you can see it clearly enough.
Also if your printing it don't save it as png.

Chemsicles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos, thanks for the reply. I will double check to see if the prints come out clearer than what it shows on the screen. I always thought saving as .png was better for text...? is standard .jpeg better or is there some other file format that is more appropriate?

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best format to save it as is TIFF or PSD. Both formats should be supported by the printers.

Make sure your files are 300ppi and that you haven't been working at the standard 72ppi.

JPEG, PNG and GIF are really for use on computers and the web rather than print.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: