PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Very Quick, Easy and Nice Signature Background
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Stealthboy50

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Very Quick, Easy and Nice Signature Background Reply with quote

This is a simple signature background tutorial, that can be used by anyone.

WARNING! DANGER! Follow my opacity changes if nothing else, because they are important.

Step 1. For a signature, make a document 800X800 with a black background. I know that you would want it about 200 X 400, but unless you do it like this, the effect is all wrong, and the colours do not come out right. You can crop it down later.

Step 2. Download this texture. This is a nice example texture, but this is where your creativity comes in, because you can select a tecture of your own, as well. Experiment and see what works.

Step 3. Open it and copy and paste it into your black document. Set the opacity of the layer to around 20-30%. I have mine as 20%.

Step 4. Flatten the image and duplicate the layer, setting the blending mode as normal. Now go into Filters > Pixelate > Mosaic and set the cell size to 35. Next, go into Filters > Sharpen > Sharpen. Repeat 3 times.

Now turn the layers opacity down to 65%. You should have something like this:

Note: This will vary slightly, but it should look about the same. Don't worry about the color as long as it's basically the same. Hurray!

Please note you can use a gradient with this or color it in to make all sorts of backgrounds. It looks really good with the rainbow gradient on overlay, trust me.

Step 5. Do the following steps. Unless I say to change something, keep everything as defaults.

Image > Mode > Index color (let it flatten the layers) > OK

Image > Mode > Color table > Black Body

Step 6. "THIS LOOKS AWFUL!" Correct. But, it's not finished yet, oh no. You should have some rubbish like this:

Now be warned, if you've got the opacity wrong the image may turn out wrong - you really should follow the steps above.

Step 7. Now take an area like this like this one highlighted:

Final Step. Crop the rest of the image away, rotate it 90 degrees, copy it and paste it into another document - and you have your background.

If you need any help whatsoever with this, please let me know.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the submission. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

THEMASK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good work Stealthboy50 you are wonderfull

ArtAngel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information.

that was a great one.

i will try it sooner.
thanks guys.

K-touch

PS Version: CS, CS2, CS3, CS4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Very Quick, Easy and Nice Signature Background Reply with quote

Good One, Stealthboy50 !!!!
I'll try it too.. thanks

http://www.kantabiz.com/videos.php

SarahPerez10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job!!!
Thanks,

esprintguy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be too much effort just to obtain such a background, but it's good to know nonetheless. Thanks for sharing this.

scrowley1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Can use it Reply with quote

I have had reasons to use this before, and its simple enough to follow the instructions. thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: