PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Totally new
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Robert42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Totally new Reply with quote

Greetings, I hope I have joined the right forum. I have recently purchased Photoshop Element's 11 after seeing some of the things you can do with it. In the past I have used image manipulating software such as Gimp mainly the crop, lighten & darken and very simple stuff like that.

I am only a basic photographer but looking at some of my photos they could be greatly improved. The other area of interest is family history and that requires restoring of old photos and documents.

Water I would like to start with is a basic course on you use seeing PSE 11 either free or paid at a reasonable price, using video tutorials to show you how. There is a lot of stuff on YouTube most of it refers to earlier versions of PSE.

Can someone recommend to me I'd course that will get me through the basics.

Robert

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Robert most of the tools you will be using for photo retouching would have been present in earlier versions of PSE so don't worry too much about that side of things.

For that matter even tutorials based upon the full version of Photoshop may hold some value to you.

I cant recommend a course for you but im sure others may be able to help more than I can. I know there is a magazine specifically for Photoshop elements users that provides tips and tutorials you may be interested in that.

Like most things practice makes perfect.

Robert42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting back to me. I really do need something very basic that takes me through each step one by one. Also on the reviews they all emphasise how much PSE 11 has been radically changed from earlier versions. It also seems to have a lot of intuitive features that I would like to be taken through step-by-step. So that is why I would like a course. If I need to manipulate an image I need to have some idea how to go about this. Of course I could use this forum to ask questions but I am sure a lot of the questions I have would be extremely basic I just need the guided path to the basic functions.

Robert…

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was in your position then I would probably look for a course that could be done in person at a college or institute so you can find answers to all your questions then and there.

As an online solution take a look at this video series. They are elements specific and have been created by someone who used to moderate this very forum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZFJjHyntYE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: