PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Flattening the image changes color balance/exposure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Timmuh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Flattening the image changes color balance/exposure Reply with quote

I am having a problem with saving this file to any format without it changing the color exposure slightly as shown in the two screenshots below. There is a single layer causing this and that layer only has Divide on with Opacity at 100%. I've tried merging upwards one at a time or stamp merging and still no success. I just can't get it to export as is before flatten. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Before
http://i.imgur.com/jU9kX.jpg

After
http://i.imgur.com/4KX6s.jpg

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens a bit for some reason and its a pain. There is no solution that works 100% of the time for this problem that I am aware of.

Try this:
Merge all layers that don't have blend modes / Masks / Transparencies (normal layers).

Then, hold Alt/Option and click in-between the layers that have the blend mode / transparencies / masks (special layers).
Keep doing this so the special layers only effect the normal layers that you merged in step one.
Finally, select all of your special layers plus the normal layer and merge.

You might need to merge the normal layers in stages depending on how the special layers are effecting them.

If you keep having problems upload the psd file and I'm sure we can find a solution.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the above doesn't work try making a stamp (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E) and then merging all layers (Ctrl+Shift+E). Out of curiosity have you been using the options to merge from the menu flyout out at the top? (not meant to imply the above wont work)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: