PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Small GIF File Size in OS X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

isleek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Small GIF File Size in OS X Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

My job requires me to convert some words (example: wish) to .gif and optimize it for web, so that it weighs as low as possible.

I'm saving it as "Selective" and choosing as few options I can.. Photoshop says the file size will be "74 bytes".. which is great, but when I check out the saved file's size (in Finder), it weighs 1kb.... why does this happen? The thing is that if I have say, 10 words converted to gif, it would weigh more than 10kb, when in reality it should weigh MUCH more less than that..

Any clues? You can try it yourselves to see what happens! I just type a word (say in Arial, 11px, with NO smoothing at all, all pixelated).. then just copy the word into a new document so that the size is as big as the words itself.. and save for web.

Thanks so much in advance!

Mars

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure finder is not just rounding up files sizes to the nearest 1kb?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: