PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to Save Layered PSD file for conversion to CSS/HTML
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

sandaltan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: How to Save Layered PSD file for conversion to CSS/HTML Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and to photoshop. I've created an image with multiple layers in photoshop and hired a programmer to convert the psd file to CSS/HTML. So I simply saved the file to my desktop and sent it over to him.

However, he's now telling me that "This is a flat file with all the stuff merged. I'll need proper layered version of the PSD that has all images and text on different layers."

I'm not sure what this means or how to get him what he needs. Can anyone help me out? Thank you very much!

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be helpful for us to see what the image is and what parts you would like to see coded to do what.

Seems like your image is just one layer, making the PSD nothing other than just a simple JPEG. I'm not 100% sure but I think your programmer might want a PSD file with parts he needs to code on seperate layers.

Note: For HTML you could slice an image up using the slice tool (right click on the crop tool) and export the images using photoshop to a html file with all the sliced images as eg. PNGs, this way you could slice everything up that needs to be programmed separately (like each button a slice/banner a slice/text plane a slice/etc.) and send the html file and images to your programmer.

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send him a PSD image. The same file you are working on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: