PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HELP: Recover corrupted PSD file where Thumbnail displays
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

camarosource

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: HELP: Recover corrupted PSD file where Thumbnail displays Reply with quote

I have a real issue.

I have a PSD file that became corrupted when the power went out in the house while in the middle of saving the the file.

The PSD file itself is corrupted.

When I load it it says "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered."

I have tried all sorts of PDS recovering programs and none could get the file recovered except for a BRIGHT BLUE/GREEN BACKGROUND.

When I load up photoshop 5.0 and go to select the corrupted psd file, there thumbnail DOES show up perfectly fine. However I cannot remotely see it in details because it's TINY.. Like 1/16" x 3" high.

Is there ANYWAY.. with ANY PROGRAM that will actualy extract that thumbnail? All the ones I've tried online or downloaded extracts the thumbnail as just one BRIGHT BLUE/GREEN BACKGROUND.

I'd like to extract the thumbnail and have it LARGER so I can actualy VIEW the conents.

PLEASE HELP

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try adding your own end of file code.
If you want to upload it I'm sure myself and some of the members here will have a go at getting it to work.

camarosource

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos wrote:
You can try adding your own end of file code.
If you want to upload it I'm sure myself and some of the members here will have a go at getting it to work.

huh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: