PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Printing in Black & White --- with a little color.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Pops55

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Printing in Black & White --- with a little color. Reply with quote

I have PS CS6 and like to do B & W prints. I print them on my Canon MX870 printer ... they turn out quite nice. Nice and Black & White.

Recently, I started doing B & W with a small highlight of color... like a photo of my daughter and her friends with just her red shoes in color.

The Black and White is now not truly B & W... it is slightly tinted ... purplish. I have tried adjusting the levels and contrast but it only changes the tinting to other tints... bluish, redish, etc. I have tried changing the format to cmyk 300dpi (typical of what commercial print shops would use). Still no success.

Is there a fix for this? Or am I stuck having to send my photos to kinkos or a lab for printing??? or purchasing a $800 pro printer?????

Thanks for your advice.

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this before.
Whats most likely happening is when you print out in black and white only your printer recognizes this and only uses black ink.

When you print out a picture with colour your printer is not distinguishing between parts where it only needs to use black ink in and parts where it needs to use colour. Hence your printer is combining all of its colours to create a black which appears tinted.

I have no idea if your printer supports some form of workaround however I have my doubts. Best thing would be to talk with someone from cannon and ask them.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: