PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
People Who Stand Out to You on PhotoshopForums.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: People Who Stand Out to You on PhotoshopForums.com Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting PhotoshopForums.com.

In honor of our 10th anniversary, I wanted to ask you if you'd be willing to talk about some of the individuals within this community that stand out to you. Why? What have they done? This is a good opportunity to praise other members whose contributions you have appreciated.

I appreciate you taking the time to share those thoughts.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike and Lee are at the top of my list. Both great blokes.
And who can forget you Patrick.

Lots of other members too but Ill keep the admiration to a minimum.

Iain

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do i begin. There are so many talented people here
I don't often post here as my skills limit me to offering any [real] help.
I do read a lot of posts from all members and find it easy to follow the instructions or advice offered as well as looking at some of the amazing work posted. It is always inspirational to visit here and often find myself asking "how do they do that?"...so in general...to me everyone is a "standout" contributer to the forum.Thanks guys Big Grin [/i]

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aargh the dreaded pop pole ;)

Honestly I miss the times Steve isn't on the forums (one particular prolonged absence nearly had me stalking him online to find him and drag him back!) Just not the same without someone else who 'gets it'.

Lee has always been a quality funny guy too and likewise I would miss his input and his ever ready to help attitude if it were gone for long.

Matt and Hawkeye are both stalwarts of the boards too and both add to the forums immeasurably, Matt by his tut's and his advice and solid moderating (that and when you find another tractor boy, it's like hens teeth!;)) - Hawkeye always has a bit of sage advice to hand down.

I also remember the other members that stormed the boards whilst they were here but all too soon get forgotten when they move on to pastures new - members like aazumak spring to mind, funny and helpful - darklite is another and the lesser spotted Moondog.

And there is some bloke called Patrick, who won't get the message and just keeps hanging around the forums ;)

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, Steve, Iain and Mike. I love to read things like this and see what members impacted others. It's great of you to share. :)

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to everyone I spotlighted in my announcement, I would say a newer member who strikes me is Rarity. Especially in creating those video tutorials for people. That's a really great, selfless act.

Patrick

Rarity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Patrick, feels good to be mentioned here, I must admit I wouldn't expect to be mentioned here with me activity only being 4% of these forums' lifespan :)

In the time I've been here I've seen a lot of useful posts by TheHermit, Seaco and Auieos so I guess they're the ones standing out to me personally.

What I like about Patrick is the fact that he shows sincere appreciation of help being given in diverse topics, which is in my opinion the best way to keep these forums going - it has proven to be so the past 10 years I guess.

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tis ever thus Rarity :)

I must confess as to not yet watching a vid tutorial by you, but serious kudos for tailoring them to specific member problems! :)

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK where to start, my boys Mike (Hermit) and Steve (Auieos) always ready with advice and compliments to help people along and some great banter. Hawkeye a real stalwart of the forum and I must agree Rarity has been a great asset to the forum in a short time...

What I love about this forum is everyone seems to want to help which in turn makes the whole thing just tick along really well...

Also as everyone else says this wouldn't be possible without Patrick so a huge thank you to him... 'Here's to the next 10 years'

Lee

Iain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick,
it must take a mountain of time and commitment to do what you do.
Congratulations on ten years (probably more) of hard work.
Hope the next ten are equally as rewarding for you as they have been for all who visit here

Iain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: