PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop CS4 printing on Epson Pro 3800 - too dark!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Photos25

PS Version: PS4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Photoshop CS4 printing on Epson Pro 3800 - too dark!! Reply with quote

I have had this issue for years and noone has been able to help me. I use PS4 and I print on an Epson Pro Stylus 3800. I calibrate my monitor with Color munki device. My prints never match my monitor. WHY!!! I believe there is a setting or a step I am missing and I cannot figure it. I am hoping someone here can help me.

Epson just blames it on the PS software. On line help tells me it should match almost perfect. They tell me what to do, I do it and it is not close. My prints are much darker than what is on my monitor.

I calibrate to an 80 luminance. D65 white. I have used an Epson profile and a custom profile for printing. They both are simiilar and too dark. I view my pictures in the right proof profile.

Interestingly I have recently sent my photos out to a professional lab and even they come out too dark so it is my monitor settings or my photoshop not displaying accurate color.

Can anyone help??? I would really appreciate it. It will be so nice to resolve this issue.

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cheryl,

Have you tried another monitor? That may sound basic, but it would rule out a hardware fault? Have you lookes at your work on another monitor?

Regards

Matt

Photos25

PS Version: PS4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt. No I have not. I think you may have something there. I will give that a shot today. Thank you!

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs, hope things work out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: