PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help My new Logo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

cardifftomo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Help My new Logo Reply with quote

Hi all new to this forum and look forward to your helps.
I have had a logo made for my new company and have some problems with it that need sorting.

1. the logo comes with a white background and as a square. sometimes i need to add the logo to a black background and this can be a problem, any ideas?
2. I would like just the arrows logo without the text for some things i do like letterhead printing etc is there an easy way to remove this in cs6, i have tried the quick selection tool but cant really get it right.

note to all i am still learning on the cs6 package so bare with me lol.
thanks

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a bigger version of the logo?
The person who made the logo for you should have provided you with much more than the image you have uploaded here.

Speaking in general about the image you have provided:
With an image so small in size you will have a hard time removing the white while leaving a clean edge around the logo for either transparency or black.
Removing the type should be easy enough by using Polygonal Lasso Tool to draw a selection around it then deleting that area.

I will go into more detail about the removing the white if this is the only copy of the logo you have but I find it hard to believe any designer worth their salt would have not provided you with more options to work with.

cardifftomo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi thanks the the reply, to be honest I only paid £5 for my logo design. The guy is away for 3 months traveling as I was he's last customer. The attached file is the only logo I have. Not sure how it opens up in this site but I have attached again. It's not a small logo when I open it in cs6.

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that sucks, but oh well...
To remove the white:

1. Copy the image to a new layer and delete the background layer
2. Copy the image to a new layer again and INVERT it
3. Copy the inverted layer into the clipboard, and switch off its visibility afterwards.
4. go back the the 1st layer image and create a layer mask by pressing ALT whilst clicking on the mask thumbnail.
5. Now go to channels, select and turn on visibility for your mask channel.
6. Paste the inverted image in your mask channel, turn off the mask visibility, go back to the layers tab.
7. Duplicate your now faded but transparent layer until necessary (bout 5 times)
8. Feel free to delete the inverted layer from step 2.
9. Select all the layers in layers tab, right click and merge layers.

And your done. Now you have transparency delete the text using polygonal lasso tool.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tutorial, Steve. :) Thanks.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: