PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Gloss Optimizer ON/OFF - Different Print Behavior
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

The Warden

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Gloss Optimizer ON/OFF - Different Print Behavior Reply with quote

When I print an image with the Gloss Optimizer OFF, it flows through the printer fine and spits out the paper as soon as it finishes it's last line of the picture.

If I print with the Gloss Optimizer ON, it glosses the entire 8 1/2 by 11 photo paper, even if my image is only 4x6. Seems like a big waste of Gloss.

Is this just the way it is, or is there a setting where Photoshop tells it to only gloss the printed material?

Photoshop CS5 and CS6
Epson Stylus Photo R800
Mac Pro Quad Core 3.1
OSX 10.6.8

Thanks!

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you achieved partial gloss in any other application?
At a guess this probably has nothing to do with Photoshop and more to do with the printer.
Considering printer companies make most of their money off ink I would say your stuck.
You might get lucky however you will have to contact Epson for technical support on this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: