PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Sea God Photo Manipulation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

cnocell7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Sea God Photo Manipulation Reply with quote

Hi
I've been working on another work of Photo manipulation. This time an interpretation of the god of the seas in whichever mythology you like. I'd really like some criticism and advice on improvement on this. Any opinions appreciated.
Thanks
Cnocs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtxrs1zh0gb0cb1/Poseidon%20%20Ulmo%20%20Neptuen%20%20Aegir.jpg

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this. The one thing I would say is that, for some reason, his head/face bothers me. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but is almost like it is blurry or looks like a face might look through the static of an old TV. It just doesn't look as crisp as I would like and, to me, it clashes with the rest of his body, which I pick up as being clearer.

Hope that means something. Heh.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

cnocell7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of understand, I think it may be down to the heavy colour grading, I may need to mask all my adjustment layers to try to sharpen. Do you think using a sharpen filter too would help?
Thanks
Cnocs

Iain

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cnocs
I think a little more detail in the face would work well ...maybe too much water on the face?
Also the water droplets on the arms look a bit "chunky" to me compared to the surrounding rocks etc
Either way, it's a much better job than i could ever do...well done

Iain

cnocell7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha I doubt very much that its a better job than you could do, nad yes I agree, I'll have to scale them down and disribute them more,
Thanks
Cnocs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: