PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
pixelated text issues
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

owen55555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: pixelated text issues Reply with quote

basically i like to use and play around with photoshop to create logo's etc for some businesses i run.

im also mostly self taught so i think i am missing one of the basics here.

Whenever i play with text i also seem to get pixelation! which means a lot of the time i cannot use it for print.

what am i doing wrong?

i) it seems to be worse when i use 'background erase' to get rid of unwanted backgrounds.

ii) I've tried >blur>saturate>sharpen but to know avail.

please help Big Grin

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum.

When creating your text it should be on it's own text layer, in effect an independent layer. It sounds like you are making the mistake of rasterizing your text (turning vector object into pixels). I would try and keep it as a text layer unless you have specific needs not to.

When creating your text do you have any of the aliasing options turned on in the context sensitive tool-bar for the type tool?

Choppy text could also come down to the font that you use, some fonts are just better 'finished' than others and lots of free fonts released by enthusiastic amateurs look fine at 13px but horrible at 250px, so that could be a factor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: