PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Print ad query
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ManishMan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Print ad query Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have a question.

Whenever I'm creating an ad for newspaper do I always have to start with CMYK document or can I use RGB?

AleksiJS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use
- CMYK | 300dpi for print
- RGB | 72dpi for web

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errm no.

I would be careful of the advice to take, as it will depend upon a few variables. First is the type of print that the paper uses, I would assume nothing and bite the bullet, contact the newspaper and ask for the specifications. The location in the world will also probably be a variable, you don't say where you are from but let's assume the USA, newsprint adheres to different standards than most other print mediums, have a look at this link for more detailed info Snap PDF.

in truth there are many combinations of factors that could lead anyone to give you conflicting advice, the safest bet is to ask, it avoids confusion and no-one will think it odd.

It could be as simple as a sRGB file tagged.

ps: AleksiJS - certainly not 72dpi for web, why not 10? or 20? or 85?

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
72dpi for web

Bits like this always put me off, as resolution does NOT matter for digital devices, it is the actual number of pixels that determine the size on screen and the resolution is depending on the device it's watched on. A 'default' 19-inch full HD monitor has a resolution of 115ppi and the new iPad 264ppi for example.

Having said that, thehermit is right, best would be checking with the paper or instance that would be printing your ad, as there isn't an universal setting for that.

Also know that if your ad needs to be supplied in CMYK you can actually design it in RGB and convert it over to CMYK - colours might change slightly and could need some fixing after the conversion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: