PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Gold text
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kendall20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Gold text Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I am new to the world of Photoshop, I've started building Apps and realized that photoshop is one of the keys to making them look good.

I have created some text in gold, the background is black is there any way I can hide the black background and just place the gold text over an image?, as soon as i remove the background all the gold turns to flat white.

Please see attached

Thank you for any replies

Gold_carly_2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.17 KB
 Viewed:  530 Time(s)

Gold_carly_2.png

AleksiJS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably have it like this:
http://i.imgur.com/x30UGFC.jpg

Uncheck that eye icon to hide the black background and then save the file as .png

After that you only have a gold text you can place over any image without background.

Hope it helps :)

kendall20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AleksiJS,

Thanks for the reply,

Tried that and it just leaves flat white text as well. I'm stumped ive been fannying around with this for hours now and cant find the solution.

Cheers ken

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just to be clear - did you create this in Photoshop as a layered PSD or is it a JPG?

Assuming you created it yourself in PS, it looks like it has layer styles and maybe the odd solar flare added at strategic points, the removal of the black background would be as suggested above and the resulting effect would depend upon the result of the colour it is composited upon, a lighter colour is not recommended.

If it is a flat JPG then it could be a masking nightmare, because of the layer effects.

AleksiJS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yea if it's just JPG then make a new file with layers, it's almost impossible to remain those effects (glow mostly) and remove the background. I suggest you to create a new document with separate layers.

kendall20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I created it in PS with 3 layers, I suspected that the black background was an integral part of (I built it following a tutorial), I guess I will have to settle for integrating it into a black background.

Thanks for the comments.

Ken

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to the tutorial?

It would naturally seem to me that the text layer sits above the background and all effects are above the text layer. If any merging had to be done it would seem apparent that it would be without the background selected. Perhaps with the link someone here could offer further advice.

kendall20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photoshop-text/text-effects/gold/

I never realised how complex PS is.

Thank you Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: