PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
GIF Save To Web; exporting limited number of frames
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

DumbassPara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: GIF Save To Web; exporting limited number of frames Reply with quote

Hello there.

I've been wrestling with Photoshop CS4 and CC for the past hour, trying to render a simple banner gif animation, but both programs are giving me the same problem. It seems so simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out, so any help would be very much appreciated.

When I try to save my animation to web, Photoshop will not render the full amount of frames. My animation is under the 500 frame limit at 218 frames. The end of work area slider is in its proper place at the very end of the animation, but when I select the save for web option, Photoshop will only render up to frame 135.

It seems to be rendering up to the position of a certain transform keyframe. This keyframe is currently positioned at frame 135, and when I try to save to web, Photoshop will only render up to that point. If I move this keyframe back and forth, save to web will render up to whichever frame I moved this keyframe to. This keyframe is in a position that must not be moved to the end of the timeline or else it will ruin the animation.

I've tried deleting the keyframe, replacing it with other frames, placing other transform keyframes on different frames - nothing works.

The same thing happened when I opened the file in CS4. I tried rebuilding the animation from scratch, and the same thing happened. I tried using a different file entirely, and I encountered the same problem!

This is ONLY happening in the timeline display. I have had no problems rendering in the frame display.

I'm completely stumped. Please help!

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you upload the file somewhere so we can have a closer look at it?
Have you had a look to check there are only 135 frames in your saved gif? (gif could have more frames just all exactly the same after #135 due to bug/error)

What exactly are you using the transform key-frame for? To be honest I didn't even think you could animate transformation in Photoshop.

Anyway sounds like a interesting one. Hope to hear more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: