PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need help with Bevel Effect not saving after imaged is flatt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

cjwilliams0013

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Need help with Bevel Effect not saving after imaged is flatt Reply with quote

I am using a layer style to add a bevel to a logo that I need to re-create. The problem that I am running into is that whenever I try to merge the layer, flatten the image or save the image the bevel effect I created changes to look incorrect. does anyone know why this is happening or how to get around it. Please see the images below to see what is happening, the top is incorrect, its how it looks when I try to merge, flatten or save it, the bottom is how its suppose to look. Links are for the test .psd i am working with

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iz4dt272h0edvp/test1.psd

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dimzugrvyyhx4fb/test2.psd

[/img]

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop is bugging out on you.
The problem is actually with the bevel settings.
If you zoom in to 100% on your image you will see the problem is already occurring even before the image is flattened or layers merged.
Because you have been working on this zoomed all the way out @ probably around 10% you haven't realized that the good looking bevel is just an illusion.
Bevel doesn't seem to play nice on high settings with very large areas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: