PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Filter dialog pop-up on every image when batch proccessing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

JillKing72

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Filter dialog pop-up on every image when batch proccessing Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Forgive me if there is already a post about this topic. I was looking through the forums and could not find a post anywhere about this topic, so I thought I should start one.

Anyway, I have been using automative batch processing in photoshop 7 (file->automate->batch), where I firstly created an action then recorded the filters I wanted to apply to a folder of images. In this case I used the Photoshop filter "extrude" (an original filter that came with photoshop) and another filter (manually installed) called "kaleidoscope 2.1".

Both the filters work great on their own but the problem is when I go to do batch processing; the extrude filter gets applied to all the images automatically (which I want) but for the kaleidoscope filter it opens its filter dialog box on every single image in the batch process, and the batch process won't continue on till I click ok. Once I click ok, the filter gets applied and then the image gets saved without any issues. But then when the next image loads the dialog box appears again when the kaleidoscope filter is suppose to be automatically applied to that image.

Is there a way that I can stop this filter dialog box from appearing on every single image when batch processing ?

Also I am not sure what particular details would be helpful for me to add, but I am using windows 7 64-bit and photoshop 7 (as stated above) and the kaleidoscopic filter I talk about above is an unofficial filter (made for photoshop) I downloaded from the net and install into photoshop manually. It is an amazing filter though and works great.

So let me know of any other details I should provide.

Thanks you very much,
J.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately some plugins don't support scripting and display the dialog for each image, which forces the user to hit OK for every image.

Your only option is to contact the developer and ask him/her about it and they might update the plugin to work without user input.

Good luck.

JillKing72

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Auieos,

Thank you for your reply and luckily I found a way around this issue with the filter dialog pop-up, that should be helpful to others with the same Issue (I can't access photoshop at the moment to get exact details).

So first off I created an action, and to that action I added a menu item (I think it's called "select menu item" when you get into the action options) and selected, in the filter menu, "apply previous filter" (or the one where you press ctrl+f) and that's all you need for that action. And also I think, not too sure, that if you do add any other menu/filter items in that action (along with "apply last filter"), it may mess up the function of "applying previous filter". So however it seems that only one filter can be applied per batch through this action, at least there won't be any filter dialog appearing for each single image and stopping the automation.

So afterwards I have created that action, all I had do was to apply a desired filter to an example image and then set the desired parameters in the filter dialog (if there are any parameters for that filter). Then I just when to automation->batch and selected the action I had just created and then selected the folder of images I want to apply this filter to.

The chosen filter should then get applied to all the images, of that folder, without any filter dialog popping up (and yet keeping the parameters you had selected).

So far this action has worked for any filters, that I have used, that would previously flash the filter dialog when they were used automation.

Another good thing about this action too is that it can be used multiple times, as the action merely uses the "previous filter". So if you are only applying one filter per batch, all you have to do is apply a filter (and desired parameters) on an example image, and then when you reuse that action it will just use the most recently used filter.

-J

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice works, thanks for sharing the solution.
Will be good if anyone else has a similar problem in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: