PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Product photography..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

colinridgway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Product photography.. Reply with quote

Hey everyone. First post here. Just wanted to see if somebody could help me out with a big problem I'm having.

For product pictures, I want to create a white background while keeping the natural shadows in the final pictures. I am up to the step where I can change the background of the pictures in photoshop. Works perfect but the only problem is every color I select works perfect except for white. When I select white as a background it just sets are the default gray color that the originally photo was taken in.

Anybody who can help I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

File attached for reference! Sorry for it being so blurry. Cant upload a file that big on here. Idea still works. Thank you!

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you shoot using a white background? If that's the case I would use - preferably in RAW but Photoshop offers some of these as well in various adjustments - the white balance eye dropper.

colinridgway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarity wrote:
Do you shoot using a white background? If that's the case I would use - preferably in RAW but Photoshop offers some of these as well in various adjustments - the white balance eye dropper.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I shoot on a white background. This basically just makes it easier for me to crop my product out easier in post production. I just don't understand why photoshop isn't letting me change the background to white since it recognizes my default as the original gray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: