PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How can I get the 50's kind of style?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Fred007

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: How can I get the 50's kind of style? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my poster made in the style of the 50's.
An example is on the bottom of the page here: http://www.vier.be/deslimstemensterwereld
The pictures are somehow manipulated that the are kind of 'posterized' but then again, not exactly the same...
I can handle the oversaturated colors and high contratsts but my pictures are missing the 'cartoonish'-like style.

All help is highly appreciated!

Fred

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The teeth are hilarious. Oh and welcome to the forum Fred.

I would say that the vignette and extreme saturation are what makes these images. They look like ordinary 'head shots' slammed with saturation, selective sharpening and as mentioned earlier some extreme teeth.

I am not sure there is some 'special' technique employed here. If there is some intended art I would look for terms like '3 strip and 2 strip, 70's film stock etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: