PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
?: Is new MacBook Pro Retina bright enough for PSCS6?
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

greyhoundrick

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: ?: Is new MacBook Pro Retina bright enough for PSCS6? Reply with quote

Hello,

I currently use a 2009 MacBook Pro with Photoshop CS6 and it runs great.

I want to upgrade to the new MacBook Pro Retina but have a few concerns and questions:

1. I understand that the MBPR's display is 20% less bright than the non retina displays and while viewing them at my local Apple Store i did notice a difference between the MBPR vs. the iMac and the non retina MBP. I tried to turn up the brightness on the retina machine but found that it was already at the max brightness which really surprised me. Do you feel that the decrease in brightness on the MBPR is an issue?

2. How does Photoshop CS6 handle the increased resolution of the retina display? I understand that Adobe has updated the program to handle the Mac retina display but am interested in your thoughts on this as to how the interface and program works with the increased resolution of the retina display.

3. Do you think the new MBPR will have a brighter screen than the current version? I would think if there is an issue with this that it will be addressed by Apple but would also think that if the sacrifice is decreased battery life that they may not try to increase the brightness of the MBPR.

Thanks so much for your help with this. It is a big purchase for me and am very interested in what you have to say.

best to you,

rick

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rick.

I am guessing from the lack of response to your thread no one here owns one and can give you any personal insight on the issue.

Anyway check this article out:
http://gizmodo.com/5967371/adobe-photoshop-and-illustrator-now-available-with-retina-support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: