PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
What is finger pinting?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Netaddict

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: What is finger pinting? Reply with quote

What does the finger painting check box do eith the smudge tool. All it does for me is creat a dark area where I used the smudge tool

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know exactly what it did, so ye, gave meself a few minutes to play around with it.

So basically if you know what the 'regular' smudge tool does, enabling the 'Finger painting' option adds one functionality. In addition to smudging the content of the layer it will also paint with your foreground colour and transfer this along the regular smudge. As I tried this with a pure white on a big blue dot and it didn't came out as the pure white, I think it'll start at the rough opacity equal to the strength you have set for the smudge tool.

My guess would be you had your foreground colour set to black that resulted in the dark spots on your smudging.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: