PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Coffee Bar Sign Illustrator Demon needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Coffee Bar Sign Illustrator Demon needed Reply with quote

Hi Folks, I come to throw myself at the mercy of some potential saviour. A little background....

My friend is setting up a Coffee Bar in the town where I live and changing the premises from a former amusement arcade into said coffee bar, he asked if I could recreate the attached image, of course I said I would give it a go. I don't own Illustrator only Photoshop and I won't lie when I tell you my efforts have been woeful Blush

The sign has to be large - A0 size (1189 x 841 mm) or that would be my estimate as the use is for a board attached to a pole (kind of like a real estate for sale sign) so my poor friend can stand in town and have people ignore him holding the sign ;)

If possible I would like the .ai file and or a format that can be scaled when appropriate, I am wary as I am aware that maybe Illustrator rasterizes effects such as the neon I'm looking for.

Any input from Illustrator demons appreciated as it's way above my pay grade.

Sorry to land this in the freebie forum, but there was no payment as it was purely a favour, however I am a demon retoucher and if it sweetens the deal any I would be willing to trade my services for any retouching you may want in return.

I CAN provide ALL resources needed to complete the job. One note the typeface used is very slightly a different version of the font used in original image, if it could be adjusted to match(ish) the original that would be splendid. Also some capitals have been used as lower case so scaling issues may arise.

That's all! Big Grin

email thehermit2[@]hotmail.com for further details or questions

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to own Illustrator. Adobe offers a 30 day free trial. There is also Inkscape, which is a free vector based program.
Either one will allow you to do the job.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already downloaded a 30day trial previously and the period ended many months ago. There are alternatives but I don't want to necessarily learn to ride a bike again.

This is the correct forum for my post. But thanks for your input.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: