PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
script stacking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

xianalexander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: script stacking Reply with quote

Hi, i'm working on some time-lapse photography using the stacking method to import and edit. I have been trying out the usual method by loading the files in and then choosing 'lighten' on the blending mode but its not quite the result i am after..

In the extended version i am aware that you can remove people from a scene by taking a dozen shots and then using the statistic> median tool. However I would like to get the opposite effect by leaving the people or anything else that is not a constant, like a car and then removing the background, leaving the base background layer with all the people and cars etc building up in layers on top.

Is there a feature method to doing this without going in and masking away the background on every layer?

Thanks!

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant think of anything but surely this must be achievable. Confused

xianalexander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I haven't gotten deep into photoshop yet, I'm still learning so i can't work out a solution but it does seem quite simple in comparison to other stuff it can do.

The reason i'm looking for this rather than the 'lighten' technique is because it turns everyone/everything ghostly. I would like a solid build up of layers.

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was having a think about this and I believe I know why this may not exist in photoshop.
Median stacks are not only used for the removal of people but also the removal of noise. The opposite would not only add all the people/objects but every bit of noise as well as every tiny moment variation between the static objects in the photos. I can only imagine what a mess this turn out would be as the number of images stacked increases.

When I have seen images with what you are trying to achieve in the past, they have been accompanied by descriptions of how the artist painstakingly masked all the objects into the photo.

Personally I believe that a automated method could be achieved in photoshop however it would take some very fancy coding to ignore smaller changes like noise and slight static movement while keeping the bigger stuff.

So in conclusion I'm back to where we started...
I cant think of anything but surely this must be achievable. Uh Oh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: