PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
"Not responding" after only a few brushstrokes...
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

AMS89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: "Not responding" after only a few brushstrokes... Reply with quote

I have been having issues with CS2. I know it's an older version, but I can't afford to upgrade. Every time I try to use a dual brush, I get about two or three brushstrokes into the painting and suddenly the whole thing freezes up and says "not responding". I don't even have a chance to save my project before I lose it... I mean, who wants to click save every three brushstrokes? You'd never get anything done that way. (And no... I'm not exaggerating. Three brushstrokes is about all I get in before it crashes.)

I have tried to delete the Preference file, but it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. Also, I have created a scratch disk as well as upping the memory/RAM/whatever Photoshop uses in the Edit Preferences dropdown. Nothing works.

It's definitely not an issue with my computer either. I just bought this computer (for the sole purpose of artwork) back in August of '13. It is an Asus N76V model with an i7 processor and 8GB of memory. I have scanned it with antivirus/antimalware/registry cleaners/etc. but the results are the same.

Now, I DID download some brushes online... but they are brushes that various other artists have used with great success. Many of them incorporate textures as well. Anyway, it is usually with these brushes that I have issues. I could just stop using the brushes altogether, but I want something very specific out of the art I am doing and those brushes will give me the effects that I need as they far outperform all of the "standard" photoshop brushes. Even when I create my own brushes (using the dual brush setting) it STILL has issues and freezes up.

If anyone can give me a little insight on how to get this program to work right, that would be great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: