PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Beginner needing a point in the right direction. Please help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

djones3fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Beginner needing a point in the right direction. Please help Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. I'm currently taking a class for web design and I have a template for dreamweaver that includes a photoshop file illustrates the design. This psd file is also broken down into smaller snippets that I can only hope I can change and somehow merge it with the existing psd file. The only trouble is I have no clue how to do that. I have the "snippets" completed but I think I need help merging them if that's even possible. Unfortunately I am absolutely terrible with photoshop. Please help.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I think you may be referring to the document being 'sliced' ready for the web, with each 'slice' being an area of code in your web page.

Bit above my paygrade, but here's a site that seems to have a handle on it Slicing Images

username27447

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the slices tool is used to slice up a large image into smaller sections. The resulting sliced image can then be saved as a html file with a table that contains the individual sliced images. So, if you are modifying the individual images (slices) there is no need to go back to Photoshop, just put those images back into the correct table cells in Dreamweaver. The only reason to go back to Photoshop would be to work on the whole image, then re-save to slices. So you have two options really, either rework the image as a whole unit in Photoshop and re-slice, or just work on the individual slices. Sounds like you already did that. So all that is left is placement in Dreamweaver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: