PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
"Photoshop has...disabled GPU enhancements" looks
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

George707

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: "Photoshop has...disabled GPU enhancements" looks Reply with quote

Last couple computers conked out on me. First one didn't have enough memory to use Illustrator, was too weak overall. Second one was good but I got a bad virus and couldn't do system restore or anything else because I didn't have the correct backups made.

So I got a new Dell w/windows 7, with what I thought are the appropriate specs. Got CS4 running nice except part of the document I would work on would look a little glitchy, especially when using text. And every time I open a document I got this:

Adobe Photoshop CS4 now includes graphics card acceleration. We recommend you visit your video card's manufacturers website to download and install the latest drivers....

I went to the website and link and got told that my graphics card is up to date.
I ignored the warning but after a month I got this:

Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver and has temporarily disabled GPU enhancements. Check the video card's manufacturer's website for the latest software...

At this point I was also watching a DVD in Windows Media Player and instantly the image looked all fuzzy like a bad television signal. I went into Preferences in PS, put GPU back on on and the Media Player was fine.

My video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450. I've attached a jpeg of a photoshop document with the glitchyness showing. It's frustrating because I would like to get working in Photoshop and the other programs but I seem to run into roadblocks. If anyone can help it's very much appreciated. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: