PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Problem w flattening image w blend mode layers. Help please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

sallywg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Problem w flattening image w blend mode layers. Help please! Reply with quote

I have a PSD file that uses dissolve blend modes to achieve a snowy effect, and my final image is exactly what I need. However, to deliver it, I must merge all the layers and deliver it as a JPEG. The problem is that when I merge the layers (or do a save as JPEG or PNG or any other method of saving a flattened version), it loses the dissolve blend mode and turns into a blotchy mess.

I've searched the Internet, and have seen that others have had similar problems with dissolve blend layers. But I can't find any solutions.

Anyone have a suggestion? I've just spent hours creating this image, and I really don't want to have to do it completely over again using some other methods of creating the effect.

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Ctrl+Shift+E is not working for you, try a layer stamp, then throw the rest of the layers away. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E for a layer stamp.

Make sure you save with a different file name and don't overwrite the PSD without your layers in tact.

sallywg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloning from one layer to another won't work here, because each dissolve mode layer is at a different opacity.

The problem is that the dissolve layers won't merge together properly.

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a layer stamp not a clone operation - have you even tried it?

It makes a copy of all your layers and puts them into a fresh layer, flattening them at the same time (hence you lose your layer effects).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: