PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
photoshop wizards help me out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

susej1981

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: photoshop wizards help me out Reply with quote

doubt I'll get the response I want but...

I set myself up a challenge to replicate a commercial ad photo.

as you can tell, the bottle in my photo is missing fluid and I want to make my bottle full using photoshop. I thought about just making a rectangular selection on the clean area right above "the beat" text and pasting it right above, but that leaves the other question of, how can I still keep the pattern that runs horizontally across the upper half of the bottle?

as well, how would I go about making the meniscus (the rounded part on the top of the liquid)? I figured I'd just use the liquify tool to bend a clean selection from my photo

the photo with the full bottle is the commercial photo and I don't want to be cutting and pasting parts of that one into my photo- I'm just using it as a reference.

original

my photo

username27447

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi susej1981, no easy solution for that one (sorry for the bad pun). The problem isn't so much the liquid, you can get to that by taking a lot of time and doing a careful selection to remove all of the current contents of the bottle, then putting a bottle shape behind your image and creating your new liquid look there.

The real problem is the light refraction in the glass. Take a look at your photo above, notice the areas just inside the left and right edges, both in the filled and unfilled parts. The glass has a completely different look due to the change in refraction caused by the liquid in the bottle.

The basic path would be to use careful selections to remove the contents of the bottle, fix the edges of the glass using copy/paste techniques or whatever, then put in new liquid.

In any case a lot of work. The easy part is the surface tension of the water.

If this were a professional job I would re-shoot the bottle full.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: