PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Crisp & Sharp Outlines
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

BunnyBoy21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Crisp & Sharp Outlines Reply with quote

I make textures for a game called "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" and I have a problem that has plagued me since day one. Creating nice and sharp outlines for text or anything else.

This is what I want it to look like:

This is what turns out:

No matter what method I use it comes out round. Above the blue line I used a simple stroke. Below the blue line I made a copy of the text and rasterized it. I duplicated it again and nudged it to the left. Made a duplicate and nudged it to the top, right and bottom (Repeat cycle) and it turns out round.

Do I need a different program for this? Or am I missing a technique?

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best practice would be converting the text to a shape by right clicking your text layer -> convert to shape.

Duplicate and make the stroke beneath thicker than the one above, and in a different colour of course.

Make sure stroke options are set to square corners and the stroke is aligned to the outside.

Optionally, you can create a layer underneath all to fill up any parts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: