PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Add/remove borders with canvas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

wjl11

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Add/remove borders with canvas Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like the option to add/remove or change color of the borders on my photos.

I am adding canvas to do this.

The only problem I see is that when I choose to remove the border (canvas) with negative width/height values, I get a message saying that some clipping will occur.

I want to be sure that this does not affect the image itself.
Does it?

Thanks,
W

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer is no.
Technically the border you create is part of your image.
The clipping warning occurs because Photoshop doesn't know what you have around the edge of your canvas so it wants to warn you that you are about to lose it.
When you add to a canvas imagine a warning that tells you 'some adding will occur' and you have what would be the opposite of the subtraction warning.

username27447

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, if you are removing a frame or border using the canvas tool then you want some clipping to occur. You are clipping off the frame or border. The picture inside the frame/border will remain untouched. Canvas works just like taking a printed picture then taking a pair of scissors and cutting off part of the picture. What you don't cut is not changed. But what you did cut was "clipped" off.

George
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: