PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do I acheive this complicated effect? Can't find answers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

4fontaine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: How do I acheive this complicated effect? Can't find answers Reply with quote

Hey there,

I've been blogging these styles of photos for about three years now and using lightroom and photoshop occasionally for about the same period of time, but looking all over the internet and vain attempts to create my own presets to acheive these effects had had no results. For examples, visit the tumblr link below. I feel as if this is more of a lightroom sort of affair but photoshops may be needed to seprate things into layers. I know that partially that the effect is acheived from having a setting and composition of similar colouring in the first place. But from using lightroom, it's clear to see that light room is capable of transforming an image into something completely different from where it was taken in terms of colour. Unlike putting a sepia filter over the top, you can see that different objects or sections in the images retain their own colour very well while the image on the whole still looks very white or dark brown/grey.

http://hoyss.tumblr.com << extremities of browns and greys

I see what seems to be desaturation firstly. However I am very curious as to how certain parts of the pictures have been extremely browned or extremely whitened (floors, walls, backgrounds, skies, tables, sea) while other more colourful parts of the images retain their own colour well. When I mean this, the majority of these photos have a very brown composition overall, but whites and colours are preserved and even made more intense. This is not something a filter put on top can acheive. This sectioning of colours in different parts of the image make these so striking and I am seeking to find out how to emulate images exactly like these because it is obvious these are not original unaltered images

Thank you in advance.

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of know what you are after however it is very hard to provide specifics instructions in a case like this. So many photos and not always the same tweaks in play.

If you post one of your own unedited pictures (or anyone's for that matter) and a similar themed picture that you want to duplicate the effect of, then myself and the other helpful forum members should be able to tackle your problem head on.

And on a footnote most if not all of the tumblr photos have been shot professionally and that can make a huge difference to the amount of work required. Polish a turd etc. Big Wink

Lucryster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Luminosity masks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: