PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HDR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

pugs1969

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: HDR Reply with quote

I'm getting back into photography and am interested in HDR. I bought Photoshop CS3 years ago but got duped and it's not supported by Adobe and I can't get upgrades. I'm considering Lightroom or Elements. I have a friend that loves the Nik software but it isn't compatible with CS3 or Elements but does work with Lightroom. Do Lightroom 5 and/or Elements 12 merge to HDR with photos of different exposures without a 3rd party plug-in? I see they have feature to make HDR-like images from one photo.......thanks in advance, Steve

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% sure Photoshop CS3 has a build in HDR merge. Should be under File > Automate > Merge to HDR
(Getting mixed answers on the question on the Adobe forum, so it might be wise to check if it's in your version.)

If LightRoom / Elements have an inherent Merge to HDR, it will be aloung those lines, yet I don't know for sure as I don't use LR nor own Elements.

I think the Nik Software Plug in is more along the lines of simulating HDR on a regular photo than an actual HDR photo. Similar effects (less elaborate) can be achieved using Image > Adjustments> HDR toning - not 100% sure that's in CS3 either.

Lucryster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIK HDR effex is true HDR, and you can use it through lightroom, you dont need PS. You can also use Photomatix or HDR Expose 3 through lightroom without PS to make HDR photos.

PS Elements does not do HDR, nor allow plug ins.

LOL registered just to give you the info .

marionreys

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucryster is right...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: