PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Screen Mode Multiply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

deniedaccess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Screen Mode Multiply Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a black t-shirt on a white background that I'm setting to multiply to transform/warp it onto the layer below. I thought it'd just knock out the white surrounding the t-shirt, but it makes the black much lighter and semi see-through.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

username27447

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use the multiply blending mode you will automatically be making the t-shirt transparent. That is what all of the blending mode do, they control how the one layer blends with the layer beneath and this requires transparency. If you want to keep the t-shirt opaque you can't use a blending mode. You might try to combine effects. Start with removing the white using selection tools and/or masking. Then save that as a new layer and hide it. Then use your blending mode to blend the original shirt (minus the white) with the lower layer. Now combine and rasterize those layers to set in that blend mode and make it permanent. Now, un-hide your t-shirt copy layer, but it behind your new blended and rasterized layer and using the opacity layer setting adjust the opacity of the blended layer to add that to the opaque layer. This way you are using a clean, opaque copy of the t-shirt layer to add opacity back into the t-shirt image and using the blended/rasterized layer to add in the blending mode effect. By adjusting the settings of those two layers you should get close.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: