PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to match headshot sizes from different images?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

myrrh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: How to match headshot sizes from different images? Reply with quote

I have seven photos, each of one person. The finished images are going to be headshots on the same web page.

I want to crop each photo to get each person's "size" relatively close to all the others - in other words, so all seven headshots are consistently cropped so one person doesn't appear larger or smaller than the others.

And at the same time end up with each image being 165 x 225 px.

I can do it with a lot of trial and error but I'm sure there's a much simpler way.

I'm using PSE 12.

Suggestions of how to do this are much appreciated.

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would just either crop the selection you want and resize to 165x225px? Is this not working for you? x

myrrh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I could do that, but it's difficult to end up with all face or head sizes being similar - especially when displayed on a web page in closes proximity to the others.

For instance, one thing that makes this tricky is that some people have big hair, some have very short hair - which makes it deceiving to match true face sizes. I can do it, but it takes some trial and error to achieve consistent results.

I found a solution here that helped: http://damiensymonds.blogspot.com/2010/08/preparing-headshots-to-exact-size.html

Thanks for replying!

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, glad you found a way :) x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: